startup screen with keyboard.

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 23:03:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 00:35 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I sometimes have problems when I switch computers on my KVM: the mouse
> stops working in Fedora when I switch back to Fedora. A reset fixes
> it- so I know that the KVM and the cables are ok. How can I 'restart'
> the mouse without rebooting? Thanks!

Sadly there have been many reports of mouse problems with recent Fedora
releases when connected via a KVM (I know, I have the problem too :-)
Some of the bug reports are: 132471, 150746, 139188, 111161 and numerous
duplicates. I would encourage you to file another bug report, the more
heat, the more attention.

BTW, the problem usually manifests itself when switching between hosts,
it can usually be corrected (as I think you observed) by resetting X
(e.g. switch to a console, switch back to X, but not always, sometimes
you have reboot or start X without switching away), and it seems to be
especially prevalent with Belkin KVM's (just my observation from
listening to the reports)
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>