OpenOffice.org extras - again

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 14 15:43:20 UTC 2005

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> Some minimal stuff should be there - a few templates, a few cliparts
> etc. When you need them, you do often not have the time needed to go
> searching for them...

this is why i started this discuss, we should define this "minimal" stuff.
i see two possible approaches:
- size based: we define a desired maximum size and collect extras until
this size is reached (more the other way around: from a huge pool of
extras we eliminate until the size in reached)
- functionality based: we define a set of goals (as user needs) and
collect extras to fulfill those goals - for example, say we consider our
users will want to draw network charts with OOo, then we should include
a complete set of computer equipment images.

i would prefer the second approach

> man, 14.03.2005 kl. 11.16 skrev Frank smith:
>
>>Hi
>>If we need clipart we should be able to download it.
>>It shouldn't be a part of the package.

we can have two packages containing extras: a small but useful one in
Core and a big one in Extras

--
nicu