how to install

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Sun May 1 15:47:02 UTC 2005

On Saturday 30 April 2005 09:13 pm, bradley.king at mchsi.com wrote:
> please can someone tell me how to instell zip. bin. tar. files on fedora
> core 1 thank u verry much!

This would be done as root.

-->Sorry if I am being very blunt, but, if you do not know how to extract and
install these files you are much better off not even trying. This can be a
very dangerous undertaking and destroy your system. <---

But if still you want to then.

1) Open a terminal
2) Become root (su -)
3) Untar and/or extract the files. tar -xvzf file name or tar -xvjf filename
or tar -xvf depending on the file. (For .bin  chmod -rx filename
then ./filename.
4) Install per the directions in INSTALL or README.
--
John H Ludwig

Common sense is so rare, why do they call it common!!!