Help Wanted: Icon Designer Needed

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Nov 9 07:45:24 UTC 2005

Hrishikesh Ballal wrote:
> Hello All,
> We have been working at Yumex we need a little bit of help. The newest
> version of Yumex has a group browsing feature and we don't really have a
> icon for that. I am not a artist or familiar with making icons. I have a
> idea for a icon:
> http://www.hrishikeshballal.net/other/fedora/group_inst.png
>
> Can someone direct me to a graphic in bluecurve or help me out in
> refining this concept and making a icon. It has to be a 48x48 graphic
> that user can click on the yumex window.

The sources for icons are available at
http://people.redhat.com/~glesage/artwork/Fedora/fedoracore2/icons/
Unfortunately, those are all in Adobe Illustrator format so is not
possible to edit them in Linux (Inkscape can open certain versions of
.ai files but not those, pstoedit can convert from AI to SVG but with
flaws).

The PNG version of the icons is located in /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve
but having the icon created in PNG instead of a vector format will limit
future scalability.

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats