usability: unplugged ethernet cable on an office desktop

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 11:31:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 07:04 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> man, 14 08 2006 kl. 20:23 -0400, skrev Bill Nottingham:
>
> > Use NetworkManager. (Yes, I'm a broken record here.)
> >
> > Bill
>
> Pretty much Bill, so pray tell us when exactly will NM be ready for
> default deployment in Fedora like say OpenSuSE/SLED does. Untill that

SUSE doesn't have that many custom patches for NetworkManager, they
pretty much ship a stock version.  So the base functionality isn't the
same.  What they have chosen to do is just flip the switch, turn it on
by default, and people then live with it or turn it off.

They just flipped the switch, and seem to be doing fine so far. [1]

Dan

[1] That doesn't mean it would be fine for us, of course.  But it's a
data point.