Fedora Artwork

Rahul sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 22:50:46 UTC 2006

Steve Barnhart wrote:
> haha fedora 'cares' lol that's funny :). On a slight other note, if
> they care they should not be so closed-minded when it comes to free
> and proprietary software and/or codecs and formats such as mp3 and the
> ntfs module. They could _atleast_ link to clearer documentation on how
> to do such things. Yes I know about the Fedora FAQ but I don't think
> its linked anywhere on the wiki where they discuss restricted formats.
> I remember reading a rant about it, wish I could remember it.

Its a matter of policy in only including and supporting Free software.
Holding such ideologies is similar to being a vegetarian for example,
which has nothing to do with being close minded. In many cases writing
down the steps to get codecs might very well amount to contributory
infringement and we cant do that. So lets not have that discusssion yet
again in a art list.

Rahul