A sound or music when your desktop is starting?

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Aug 17 21:38:19 UTC 2006

tor, 17 08 2006 kl. 23:19 +0200, skrev Damien Durand:
> Hi all,
>
> What do you think about a sound or music when your gnome ok kde
> desktop is starting? It's just an idea :-)

Not by default at least, it would add to startup time and general
annoyance - it's hard to find sounds that please everyone if not
impossible. Now I'm all for say collecting a package of nice sutle
sounds that the user can install for some audio feedback but I don't see
the case for enabling it by default.

In my experience most users who want this will add soundclips from the
internet of say their favorite cartoon or something like that. I doubt
we'll gain much by forcing a default "bling sound" on everyone.

- David