Proposing a switch to Tango

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:00:30 UTC 2006

tor, 23 02 2006 kl. 10:36 +0100, skrev Alexander Larsson:
> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 19:13 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> > Upstream is not looking to adopt Tango out of the fear that without
> > vendor support, it will look like a GNOME only project and thus scare
> > off the KDE crowd. Or so it seems. Thus vendor buy in is very important,
> > I for one, would love to welcome my new Tango overlords to Fedora since
> > I find their style very pleasing and I agree with the aims out getting a
> > unified icon standard.
>
> As part of "upstream" I just have to ask where you saw this. I haven't
> seen anythiong like it before.

I believe dobey made the comment that GNOME was not switching to Tango
because it was hard to convince KDE that this wasn't a GNOME project.
And I agree that we need adoption of the standard first, so untill GNOME
actually supports it well we can let the argument rest.

- David
--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - the GNOME commentary located at:
www.lovesunix.net/blog