starting tomboy

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Thu Jan 26 20:58:37 UTC 2006

tor, 26.01.2006 kl. 19.04 skrev Ray Strode:
> hi,
>
> On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 13:34 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Should we add it to the menus? I'm not sure how Alex (graveley) was
> > thinking about this. Alex, how was this supposed to work?
>
> Well we could start it by default like we do gnome-power-manager and
> gnome-screensaver. While it's not as necessary for a functional desktop
> as the g-p-m and g-s, it is a pretty cool program that we might want to
> show off.  And if people know about it then it may even be really useful
> for them.
>
> On the flip side, what notification area icons give us is the ability to
> start an applet programatically. If we don't want that, and instead want
> a way for the user to manual start an applet, it really should be in the
> add to panel dialog.
>
> Having a menu item in the menus that doesn't do anything (except maybe
> create a flash in the corner of the users eye that they may or may not
> identify as tomboy getting added to their notification area) doesn't
> seem like a good idea to me.
>
> --Ray

When speaking of autostarted "deamons" on login - how is palm
syncronisation handled? I don't know about rawhide/fc4, but on FC2, i
have to enter the pilot config dialog for the pc-side "daemon" to be
started, in order to be able to sync my palm. How about evolution, which
seems to be a part in this (as the calendar/todo is synced to it)?

--- Kyrre Ness Sjøbæk