New Fedora Theme (GTK2+Metacity) (Download, Fixed index.theme)

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Mon Nov 20 23:33:51 UTC 2006

lør, 18 11 2006 kl. 14:51 +0100, skrev Andrea Cimitan:
> Il giorno Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:38:25 +0100
> Andrea Cimitan <cimi86 at alice.it> ha scritto:
>
> > Here it is...
> > Requires "Murrine Gtk2 Engine" version 0.31 otherwise you will have no
> > gtk2 look.
> > Please use with the added metacity.
> >
> > Notes:
> > Under development... It's just a simple theme to see Murrine
> > capabilities...
> > To customize the look you can do in two ways:
> > 1)Install Murrine configurator and edit with the GUI (recommended):
> > http://cimi.netsons.org/pages/murrine/configurator.php
> > 2)If you want less roundness edit gtkrc of the theme and set roundness
> > to 3 (clearlooks roundness) or 0,1 to a squared one.
> > set glazestyle = 1 for a "curved" hilight on glaze instead flat ones.
> >
> > See attachments for the archive.
> >
> > Best Regards
> I'm stupid... reattached a working version...

Okay, I've had time to install Murrine and test out the theme:

- the default base color is very drape, seems dull and 90's
- the menubar color is to dark which makes the menu titles hard to read.
The same goes for the tooltips
- The highlights looks very unnatural, maybe they should be gradiants
(potential bad performance I know) or something - currently it just
looks like every button is made up of 2 differently colored blocks.

There's a lot of experimentation left to be done I guess

- David