(fonts) wikipedia challenge

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 21:58:35 UTC 2006

It looks like with all the fonts from FC6 and Fedora Extras, I
can display almost every font from http://wikipedia.org/

Almost!  There still appear to be 4 fonts missing from Fedora
that are used on the wikipedia front page.  We also lack some
glyphs in for example the Canadian Aboriginal Syllable, as
used by the Inuit and the Cree (and others?).

I remember when Linux had no truetype fonts and almost no
special fonts (10 years ago), so I am impressed that we have
gotten this far.

Right now I'm at that "so close, yet so far" frustrating
feeling.

Does anybody know if there are freely redistributable fonts
available that would allow us to render the remaining languages
out of the box?

Is anybody willing to help search?

Is this a worthy goal for Fedora Linux 7? :)

--
Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is.  Each group