directions in Fedora desktop project

Thilo Pfennig email at pfennigsolutions.de
Wed Nov 29 23:10:14 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram schrieb:
> Impressions based on arbitrary numbers and random hunches are not very
> useful. We are looking at collecting more concrete stats instead.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Metrics
Well absolute numbers are not very useful, especially when counted
worldwide. You get a better sense of  a distribution if you know what
people think. We have also thoought about those problems at GNOME
marketing list http://live.gnome.org/CountingUsers The problems is the
quality of the data. I think it would make much more sense if this would
be a combined effort that would be led by freedesktop.org, because
anyway we need measures that mist distributions or desktops accept. If
all do it differently you wil not have any relations you can count on.

So I would rather recommend to discuss such things on freedesktop-promo
( http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/FreedesktopMarketing).

Thilo