usability: fedora's killer app? Clean-Install Assistant...

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Fri Sep 1 09:11:45 UTC 2006

Rahul wrote:
> Morgan Read wrote:
>> What's the worst thing about operating systems and progress?
>>
>> Clean-install/Re-install/Upgrade
> You might be interested in
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AnacondaWorkItems#upgrade.
> I would love to have a upgrade assistant like what you suggest too.

YES!

But, I would extend that to /home because, while in a technical sense perhaps
/home is considered "non-default non-system information customisation" clearly
from a users point of view (usability?...) there is a default - what get set up
as the default when a new user is created.  AND this is, from the novice desktop
users point of view, where most of the progress is apparent from one iteration
of fedora to the next.

M.
(Looks like since I left MacOS8.1 behind Apple have incorporated Clean-Install
Assistant in their OS)

--
Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does differ
from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220