[fab] Modern File Heirarchy

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 6 21:38:04 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Bryan Livingston (bryanlivingston at gmail.com) said:
>> Do away with the standard unix directory heirarchy.  It's archaic,
>> non-intuitive, non-internationalized and dangerous from an application
>> management perspective.
>
> OK, why is this *AT ALL* appropriate for the board - what's your
> purpose here?
>
> If you can't convince the project itself, why are you bringing
> this to an administrative entity?
>
> Bill

I think people quite often confuse Fedora Project Board to be a
technical decisions team (which I think should be formed by merging
FESCo and people from Fedora Core) rather than a administrative team
which is partially our fault since we dont have any documents explaining
our governance mode, policy and relationship of different teams such as
the board and the steering committees.

I will get to doing that soon.

Rahul