[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 19:46:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 13:19 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> What's the use-case here for update from a LiveCD anyway?  Why?

I think the question was about upgrading the packages _from_ the livecd
when they are installed (if you have an old livecd); not about using the
livecd to upgrade an existing installation. For the latter you'd just be
using yum [1].

    David

[1] : Or anaconda... until we fix Fedora etc. to support upgrades from
e.g. FC5 -> FC6 using yum - something we badly need anyway and hardly
any news