Re: duplicate KDE desktop icons

Maybe this is it .

I need a static name for the device so root can mount it prior to starting the backup (its the backup device) . So I had a udev rule with a 'NAME=FireDrive2' entry .
What I really wanted was a 'SYMLINK=FireDrive2' entry . After HUP'ing idev and re-attaching the device I now only have one icon (for sdb1) and root can mount using /dev/FireDrive2 .

Rex Dieter wrote:
John Minson wrote:

why do I get 2 desktop icons for my firewire harddrive ?

Does it have 2 partitions? (:

-- Rex

begin:vcard
tel;work:843-218-6521