Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:03:53 UTC 2007

On 18/04/07, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Rahul, I have no problem with doing something because one can. Man
> > walked on the moon because 'he could', and in the process technology
> > had been advanced in ways that profit every walk of life. I have
> > repeatedly expressed the need for a one (or at least not _five_) disk
> > install. However, I don't think that Fedora should be used to
> > introduce people to Linux (reasons given in previous email), and
> > that's a very likely scenario for a LiveCD. That is a situation that
> > must be considered.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
>
> Dotan,
>
> I think I share your opinions on the LiveCD. Especially after going
> through issues with the last two people I recommended Fedora to, I
> fear I may have turned them off linux for awhile. Nevertheless, might
> I suggest a wait-and-see approach to further discussion against the
> LiveCD - hopefully the Fedora project will collect some statistics as
> to how successfully it is. Personally, I think Fedora could better
> benifit from pioneering ease and versatility of installation, since no
> other OS seems to have anything that great in terms of installation
> yet, but that' my $0.02 which doesn't even have time to implement said
> idea.

I hope to see it soon and help file bugs. Statistics seeing how
popular it is would be nice (difficult of course to gather), but
statistics as to how it's used would be no less important in my
opinion.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/question/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/135/457/spears_britney/oops_i_did_it_again.html