Installing the Big Board part of online desktop

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 19 18:36:32 UTC 2007

Colin Walters wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Installed bigboard from the repo file on Fedora Core 6. The side bar
>> on the left says "sign in to Mugshot" on three places (On top, below
>> applications, below photos) even though I am already signed in and
>> running.
> Are you running the Mugshot client, in addition to being signed into the
> web site?

Yes. Is there a way to automatically sign in on the website when running
the mugshot client?

>> Introspect error: The name org.mugshot.Mugshot was not provided by any
>> .service files
>> Introspect error: The name org.mugshot.Mugshot was not provided by any
>> .service files
> This error seems to suggest it is not running.  Try executing 'mugshot'
> from a command launcher.
> Or perhaps you are using a very old version?

mugshot-1.1.33-1.fc6. Mugshot frontpage or my profile pages don't show
any prominent links to download the new client. The client download page
linked from the developer wiki page has outdated packages at
http://download.mugshot.org/client/fedora-core-6/. Automatic prompt at
http://mugshot.org/upgrade?platform=linux does point to the latest
version though. There is no quit option in the client either. Killed the
older version and I am running 1.1.40-1 now.  It works.  I will play it
with some more and provide feedback.

As I said in FUDCon Boston  binary patches like Firefox (without root
password) would be nice but I am probably dreaming. Having it the repo
is a workaround.

Rahul