low-hanging fruit

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 18:17:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:10:35 -0400
Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm not against it.  The complaint will be that people will just get
> failures and not have anything to show them why.  Maybe we can get the
> quick change into the default firewall rules so that they'll log
> failures so that it's not at least entirely silent

+10, that's the most annoying thing to me about our default rules.
It's so silent.  If we're afraid of it drowning out /var/log/messages
we could send it to a firewall log file.  But I'm all for dropping
these from Firstboot and going with our defaults.

Anybody for firewall2allow?  (:

--
Jesse Keating