low-hanging fruit

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Aug 16 06:06:49 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:

> - reconsider default panel config (launchers)

This is something I think is badly needed, for quite some time I wanted
to talk about this but was not bold enough to bring the topic out so far.
I think is about the time for the OpenOffice.org icons to go away from
the default panel, they were useful some years ago to inform people
Fedora has a capable Office Suite, but by now everybody know and expect
this and an office suite is boring.
I think those launchers would be better replaced by something people
like: multimedia, at least a launcher for Rhythmbox and maybe something
people really use (usage stats gathered from Mugshot, but this would
suggest a launcher for the terminal as very desired).