low-hanging fruit

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Aug 16 07:15:03 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen escribió:
> - no root user

Oh please no! (fine fort the LiveCD, but absolutely NOT for the
installed version!) I recently HAD to enable the root account in a
*buntu system as trying to do some batch stuff with BASH with for-in
loops and stuff is FUTILE without a *proper* root account (yes, I tend
to use quite a bit for-in loops for repetitive commands in a single
command line). Seamless security is fine with me, but a *proper* account
will still be needed for those where should anything go wrong and you
require to do emergency maintenance.