low-hanging fruit

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 17:22:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 12:04 -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Might be less low-hanging fruit, but give firstboot a quick look:
> - user icon as part of new user creation

This should be pretty quick and simple to do; add a button to pop up the
file selector, then copy the
file.  /usr/share/firstboot/modules/create_user.py for anyone interested
in taking a look

> - good defaults for firewall/selinux/sound cards

Let's go for broke and just try to get the firstboot modules for these
removed altogether like we've discussed from time to time.  The defaults
here are already pretty sane, imho.  Okay, maybe we have to leave
firewall as we don't have the good way of doing "enable service ==> poke
hole" yet.  But there's no reason that soundcard and selinux can't be
nuked from orbit.

Jeremy