low-hanging fruit

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 13:36:18 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 08:40 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> >
> > Might be less low-hanging fruit, but give firstboot a quick look:
> > - user icon as part of new user creation
>
> But the result of this is that the person choosing the user icon is the
> administrator, not the user itself so the user will have to change the
> icon again.

A key point here is we're talking about firstboot -- where one user is
being created, likely the admin's actual account.  And on a desktop box.
And if you don't change the face, then it just stays the default one.
Eventually, yes, would be good to do in general -- but the real
low-hanging fruit is to get it into firstboot

Jeremy