Defining the target audience (Was Re: low-hanging fruit)

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Fri Aug 17 16:40:27 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've already given my $0.02 about what that target audience could be:
> people who are not computer experts.

I agree with you and think it probably makes sense to do the "XP/OSX
replacement" type desktop, if only because we've been vaguely trying to do
that so far.

But I'd also like to see us figure out how to explicitly go for developers.
In particular, web site developers.  I want a version of  the Fedora desktop
that I can hand to my friend who has the idea for the next great website.
"Here, this comes Ruby on Rails set up out of the box, Eclipse with Web
development tools, Wireshark, etc."  No OpenOffice

Then also make it easy to deploy a Fedora server with your changes.