low-hanging fruit

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 21 11:58:01 UTC 2007

> David Zeuthen wrote:
>
> > combined with the PackageKit work Richard is doing
> >
> >  http://hughsient.livejournal.com/32948.html
>
> Going on a tangent, what's the plan with PackageKit in Fedora? How does
> it interact with Pirut and friends?

Given what I've read it doesn't. It's an entirely parallel structure to
do installations/updates of packages. And given the feature set that
Richard seems to want it will do these things mostly passwordless.

I think the assumption that PackageKit should be in fedora is a bad one
at the present time. It's got a long way to go and honestly, given the
features it wants to support might be a problem for inclusion at all.

-sv