low-hanging fruit

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 18:34:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 14:04 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On 8/21/07, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>         - Note that "default in mainline Fedora" doesn't preclude the
>         desktop
>            spin from using PackageKit instead of Pirut.
>
> Hmm.  That seems like a really big change to be making from mainline
> in a spin.  I think a good goal for spin changes is to think hard
> about putting in changes that we do want to go down into the OS in
> general.

Hey, let's not get carried away; this is not a OS-level change, it's, in
effect, simply just another UI frontend for yum, not much different from
pirut/pup, yumex, whatever except that it's designed to solve the
problem in a much nicer way (at least some of us think) both from a
technical point and an user experience point of view. There's no reason
to fear change.

     David