PackageKit Misconceptions

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 23:06:45 UTC 2007

On 8/22/07, Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> wrote:
> The larger point about gpg import questions is really unchanged if
> there's no way to do a central authority.

I don't disagree. But I'm not sure we have the freedom to centralize
such an authority inside the fedora project, given my current
understanding of how we are allowed to interact with 3rd party
repositories.  I'm concerned that legal will need to review any such
plans. I also don't think we can realistically externalize such
authority and expect such an external authority to play a central role
out of the box.