More low hanging fruit.

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Aug 24 17:48:18 UTC 2007

Ray Strode escribió:

> Seems like a good idea to me.  At a minimum we should get rid of the
> getty on tty1 so we don't have the brief "Login: " flash when the screen
> jumps from rhgb to gdm.
>
> --Ray

When will Fedora drop RHGB once and for all? Seems all that's needed is
already into the kernel or easily configured into it... Albeit the
current mode setting is rather manual, but we could simply go with
something standard such as 1024x768 at 32bpp, or is this value going to
directly feed X resolution information? For in that case, why not make X
and VT configuration part of either: boot loader (LiveCD) or Anaconda
(DVD) for installation, just "like in the old days", I don't see why
both resolution values have to be tied together or identical in any way...