More low hanging fruit.

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 00:29:25 UTC 2007

On 8/24/07, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > Is there a problem with RHGB? I haven't heard of one in the chatrooms
> > or mailing list.
>
> The main problem is that it starts an X server.  When rhgb ends, its X
> server shuts down, and then a second X server is spawned for the user to
> log in with.

I am working on this.  Hopefully we will have only 1 Xserver running from boot
to desktop.

> That, and rhgb was designed to hide all the spew you get when you start
> up, but it doesn't because of all the spew that pops up before rhgb ever
> loads.  Oh and then there's the "can't start eth0, network start failed"
> issue which makes you see most of the spew anyway on laptops.  It's
> pretty much useless.

If you don't want to see this message why don't you disable eth0 from
coming up on boot?  This problem really has nothing to do with rhgb.

Instead of complaining why not suggest what you would like to see.

Jon