automatic unlocking of keyring

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 00:51:31 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 00:33 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 16:43 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 16:25 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> <snip>
> > >  1. Logging in via fingerprint auth; doesn't work.. but that's expected
> >
> > That'll work once you engrave your password on your fingertip, I guess.
>
> Or have the password updated in the fingerprint blob...

That is how it was addressed when I first took over pam_keyring.
Pam_bio_api (relying on unix permissions for secrecy) had an embedded
pass-phrase in the BIR.  This allowed their pam-module to authenticate
on finger-print scan then populate the AUTHTOKEN of the pam stack with
the passphrase and pass it along to other pam modules.  Could be
implemented better, but has the correct idea.

Jon