[Fwd: DBus Bindings for Javascript]

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 20:59:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 12:27 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 09:15 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > I knew there was a reason I turn javascript off in most cases. :)
>
> Turning off JavaScript for the web has no effect on chrome level code -
> if it did, the whole browser would stop working.
>
> But yeah, bottom line is this has no security impact, it's just a nicer
> API for extensions and for Firefox itself to integrate better.

I'm all for it.  Ya local code will always have dangers involved but
that is not something D-Bus adds...  I hope it is hard for local
javascript modules to be exported to the external javascript side.  I
would hate if someone accidentally linked them up and some script kiddy
could thrash my computer by sending play-sound A:\haxzored.wav.  Oh wait
that's AOL not Mozilla.