automatic unlocking of keyring

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Dec 17 20:03:35 UTC 2007

Alexander Larsson wrote:

> That "works", but is not ideal, as it means the keyring pam daemon will
> ask for the password instead of using the cached result from the
> system-auth result. This is clearly a problem if you mistype you
> password...
>
> The solution is to fix the system-auth so that it runs and then runs the
> pam modules after it. This is fixed in rawhide with the pam-stacks
> supports i believe.

Hi

I'm only asked to enter the password once (on login by gdm). Even if I
typed the password incorrectly, that wouldn't mean problems, since I
wouldn't be logged in in the first place, so how could it be causing
problems. Once I enter my password correctly, it caches the correct
password and uses that to unlock the keyring.

Although I agree that fixing system-auth is the right thing to do
anyways (because it makes local mods so much easier), this actually
appear to be working fine just the same.

Perhaps I misunderstand you, please enlighten me if you feel that I do.

Thanks.

/Thomas