tweaking the LiveCD

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 23:16:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 18:07 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 17:38 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > gnome-screensaver
>
> At least gnome-screensaver is needed - FC7t1 shipped without... so
> installs from that never locked the screen.

Yeah, I had to drop the extra xscreensaver screensavers and they were
the only thing pulling in gnome-screensaver...  this is why I really
think that we need/want to move to the same type of manifest format as
pungi where we reference things based on comps groups.  In my queue for
real soon; now that the yum depsolving stuff is out of the way, I'm
getting back to livecd with a bit of a vengeance.

> > A11Y
> > ----
> > gok
>
> orca too, probably even more important (not sure whether it was removed
> for FC7t1 cuz it drags in festival which is huge).

Yeah, the space requirement of festival makes it (and the things which
depend on it, including gok) a lot less attractive.  :-/   Not sure what
to do on that front

> > livecd has xchat
> > desktop has xchat-gnome
>
> Stick with gaim? Again, a space issue...

Seems like a sane enough compromise

Jeremy