Polishing stuff - gnome-filesystem package

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Feb 19 12:40:00 UTC 2007

On 19.02.2007 11:55, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> [...]
> I don't see anything harmful in prepopulating new users home directories
> with some clues how you might want to organize your data, it might be
> helpful to a computer-illiterate.

+1

> Just as long as you don't *force* those
> directories to be used

+infinite

> [...] I'm not going to change my >10 year old
> home directory structure just because some new application thinks it knows
> better than me.

+infinite

Site note: I like Gnome and that it has less knobs to adjust. And that
it sometimes forces a user into the right direction. But it should not
force the user to much into a scheme.

CU
thl

P.S.:We should also not forget users on the command-line and with
different file manager users. They will get confused if directories have
a different name suddenly

P.P.S.:Even today Gnome annoys me already with the Desktop and Templates
dir they create -- that's why I have
  alias ls='ls --color=tty -I Desktop -I Templates'
in my .bashrc :-/