Polishing stuff - gnome-filesystem package

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 17:01:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 17:41 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > How could windows users be used to it? Windows translates it.
> > Unless of course you run an english Windows, but nobody is forcing you
> > to use any locale but english in that case.
> >

> I am using a german windows on one of my boxes and it uses "Desktop"
> (maybe other windows versions are translated; I only used english and
> german where it is Desktop)
> German:
> Dokumente und Einstellungen/<user>/Desktop

Hmmm, in swedish it is translated.

A common problem with the translated-names-on-disk approach is that some
applications don't use the correct win32 api to locate these
directories, but instead just use the english names.  Maybe this is what
happened to you, or maybe its different in different locales.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's an ungodly Amish filmmaker fleeing from a secret government programme.
She's a vivacious extravagent mermaid married to the Mob. They fight crime!