Polishing stuff - gnome-filesystem package

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Tue Feb 20 12:03:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 20:33 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>>
>> That, and some specific things are simply better left untranslated: In
>> Windows, "Administrator" the user account name has been translated to
>> "Järjestelmäylläpitäjä" (or something resembling that). Try typing
>> that in a hurry, and with a little bit of luck with a non-finnish
>> keyboard layout
>
> I feel for you. :)

Thankfully not really my headache, unless somebody suggests we start
translating "root" account name :)

<offtopic>
That's not the first translation-hall-or-horror by MS, even worse was
somewhere around Excel 3.0 when somebody had this brilliant idea of
translating macro names as well (can't remember if they translated all of
the language but at least the macros). Thankfully wasn't my headache
either :)
</offtopic>

 	- Panu -