tweaking the LiveCD

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Feb 20 23:07:05 UTC 2007

> gnome-screensaver

At least gnome-screensaver is needed - FC7t1 shipped without... so
installs from that never locked the screen.

> A11Y
> ----
> gok

orca too, probably even more important (not sure whether it was removed
for FC7t1 cuz it drags in festival which is huge). Another point is that
we need to work making a11y easy to enable for live cd.

My plan at this point includes making the live cd boot into an
accessible gdm with a face browser (we're probably going to enable face
browser by default btw - for f-u-s). Then a11y / language / keyboard can
be configured / enabled there.

So starting the live cd would amount to clicking the fedora-livecd face
(potentially we'd do readahead while waiting for the user) Needs some
thought and experimentation, but I think this is doable.

> livecd has xchat
> desktop has xchat-gnome

Stick with gaim? Again, a space issue...

    David