New comps and full package list

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Sun Jan 14 12:46:31 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 14 janvier 2007 à 17:41 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > I've added some of the suggestions, fixed a bug in the compose tool, and
> > updated the full package list and comps files.
> >
> > Please review starting at
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraDesktop
> >

> We probably dont require the following packages on the media:
>
> audit, audit-libs, autofs, diskdumputils, crash, dump, docbook-dtds,
> docbook-style-dsssl, docbook-style-xsl, docbook-utils, ikvm, mtools,
> mono-data-oracle, mono-data-sybase, monodevelop, monodoc, mono-nunit,
> mono-web, mono-winforms, qt, PyQt, exim, postfix, tomcat5-jsp-2.0-api,
> tomcat5-servlet-2.4-api, transmission, xml-common
> xml-commons, xml-commons-apis. xml-commons-resolver,xerces-c,xerces-j2
> (some of these seem to be dependencies for openoffice.org
> unnecessarily), timidity++
>
> Reevaluate the following packages being installed:
>
> coolkey (a large majority of our audience dont have smartcard on their
> systems), hpijs, hplip (should be only required when the system has HP
> printers), nfs-utils (why would I need this on a desktop systems?),
> bluez-utils, gnome-bluetooth, nautilus-sendto-bluetooth (Maybe install
> on demand when bluetooth devices are detected?)

I would have understand not to include drivers of a little printer
brand, but HP is a major brand and many people has one of their printer.
I don't really understand why it shold be removed.
It is the same for nfs-utils. No operating system is shipped whithout
tools to run their own network tools. It would be very bizar not to
include nfs-utils as well.

TC