Starting point for package list for Fedora 7 Desktop spin

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jan 12 10:08:57 UTC 2007

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Nicu Buculei escribió:
>> Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the heads up. Indeed, I did a quick rpm -ql on it and
>>> indeed it only has a few python files... Anyway, does it have the
>>> ability to edit id3 tags now? Last time I checked it didn't
>>
>> The version from FC6 have this ability.
>
> Not on my system, I'm afraid... rhythmbox-0.9.5-8.fc6, at least not with
> the files I tested.

OK, it can edit id3 tags on mp3 but there are problems with ogg

According to http://www.gnome.org/projects/rhythmbox/news.html
"Note that gst-plugins-good 0.10.4 is recommended for ID3 tag editing,
and Ogg Vorbis tag editing requires a plugin from the cvs version of
gst-plugins-base"

so it is about Gstreamer, not about Rhythmbox

--
nicu