f8 desktop livecd

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 00:05:39 UTC 2007

On 7/27/07, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
> So, following a quick huddle with a few people from the Red Hat desktop
> team, we decided to make this LiveCD kickstart file a bit more of a
> project.  Actually, the project already exists:
>
> http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=hosted/livecd;a=summary
>
> So this mail is just to say that this project exists (and I know a lot
> of people didn't know about the difference), and will move forward.  For
> Fedora 8, it would make sense to more prominently distinguish this
> version as the Desktop version.
>
> Ideally of course, this project will be minimal - for example, the work
> to make NetworkManager usable on servers makes sense, and should
> continue.

I think running it as its own project is a great idea, and a perhaps a
leading example of how to use individual livecd concepts as a vehicle
for focused integration work.

You could think about making a strawman set of ideas for community
people to poke at for integration back into the livecd. I think you
could use the livecd project as a hook to generate new involvement by
more desktop-centric community members.

-jef