speech recognition for simple commands

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 13:14:43 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 01:58 +0530, Rogue wrote:
<snip>
> I finally managed to get the code compiled on my system and in the
> process built rpm files for both Sphinx2 and gnome-voice-control. I
> tried out the applet and it for some reason did not work as expected.
> May be I was expecting too much.
>
> I said "new" and it opened up tasks
> I said "file" and it opened up Gedit.

Sounds like pretty bad bugs.

> I understand that the project is still in its infancy, but I was
> wondering what is the roadmap for this project?

This isn't the right place to discuss upstream roadmaps, we don't know
them any better than you would doing some research. I'm sure you could
contact the mentor and student to get some feedback on the ideas, and
see where the project is headed.

Cheers

> thanks,
> Rogue
>
> p.s.: If someone is interested in the RPM files, i can host them at some
> location, but note that I am new to the whole RPM thingy, so I may not
> have set up the dependencies right!

How about getting it in Fedora?