F8 desktop features

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 15:35:07 UTC 2007

Given that test1 is around the corner, I thought it might be a good idea
to give a little status update on the features that the desktop team has
been working on for F8:

NoMoreXFS - Done.
Bigboard - In test1, run god-mode 1 to turn it on and play with it.
Bluetooth - bluetooth printer support is in test1. Remaining Bluetooth
  features are still being worked on upstream and will appear in rawhide
  over time.
LaptopImprovements - the bulk of the keyboard and suspend/resume work
  is in hal-info-20070725 and hal-0.5.10rc1 which narrowly missed test1
  and will appear in rawhide soon.
PolicyKit - missed test1 by a few days, will appear in rawhide soon.
PulseAudio - not in test1, the changes to make PulseAudio play nicely
  with fast user switching are done upstream.
CodecBuddy - not in test1.
NetworkManager - not on by default in test1. The necessary changes are
  being worked on upstream, and the feature page says 70% done. I
  heard that a 0.7 release might happen around test3 time, I hope we
  can get a usable snapshot earlier than that.
BetterStartup - not targetting F8, since it depends on kernel features
  that will not land in time.