F8 desktop features

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 17:12:40 UTC 2007

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:02:55 -0400
> Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Nothing. Kristian said he was going to look at updating compiz.
> > It is not a new "feature", just a package update, really.
>
> Yet something that will immediately be visible to end users who poke at
> it.  We have got to stop thinking about the work we do as just 'a
> package update'.  If we're updating a package to a new upstream version
> that offers new stuff, YELL about it.  Get some excitement going.  Get
> some people interested in trying it out.   We're far far too modest
> about the things we're doing or the things we're including.  We've seen
> that others aren't, and they get all the glory.

Well, it is really just the version checklist you see when the release
goes out: comes with the latest Gnome, X, KDE, ...
I assume that list is assembled anyway, without tracking every single
new version as a feature, with all the added overhead that it entails.

And I really don't think FESCO need to vote on compiz-fusion as an F8
feature.