F8 desktop features

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 18:15:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:55:31 -0400
Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Being verbose not so much, more that fact that it feels like applying
> for a Fedora Mortgage - you have been pre-approved !

So what we're really arguing about is our tools right?  And you're
using our tools as an excuse not to do the work?  That's cool, I can
take that, sure our tools suck.  But you know what, it's what we've got
right now.  Maybe if enough people are using them we'll get enough
mindshare to improve the tools, because really, that's the argument I
see most often.  "I don't want to do $foo because the tools suck."  Not
that $foo is a bad idea (although it has been disguised as a bad idea
like "$Foo is a terrible idea, it takes to long to do it with our
tools.")

So really, if we're going to argue about the tools lets argue about
them instead.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora