F8 desktop features

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 23:52:36 UTC 2007

On 7/27/07, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Being verbose not so much, more that fact that it feels like applying
> for a Fedora Mortgage - you have been pre-approved !

I appreciate the status update to this list, but I'd have to concur
with Jesse. We really need to find ways for the active developers to
communicate their excitement about 'cool' things which are being
worked on as widely as possible.  Long term this will help with
existing morale and it will help us attract potential new
contributors, especially if we communicate interesting areas that
could benefit from new involvement.  Getting feature ideas into the
feature road-mapping process early, increasing the chances of finding
a new contributors who wants to help with the work.  If we wait and
talk about things until their are nearly completed, not only do we set
ourselves up to be scooped by other people, but we miss an opportunity
to use that feature to grow new community developer talent.  If you
have suggestions to streamline the feature road-mapping process to
make it more worthwhile to use, I'd love to hear them.

-jef"For every feature status update to the wiki you post... you get a
coupon for one free KK doughnut redeemable next time I am in your town
of residence. Offer expires three months from the date of status
posting. Offer not valid in Alaska."spaleta