F8 desktop features

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 28 11:23:41 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Well, it is really just the version checklist you see when the release
> goes out: comes with the latest Gnome, X, KDE, ...
> I assume that list is assembled anyway, without tracking every single
> new version as a feature, with all the added overhead that it entails.
>
> And I really don't think FESCO need to vote on compiz-fusion as an F8
> feature.

It boils down to this. Please tell us all what you are working on.
People have been asking and we need to communicate information to them.
Compiz fusion might just be a version bump to maintainers but for end
users it brings in major new functionality. So tell them what you are
planning to do with it.

Writing a spec that follows the template and throwing in the information
  that is already in the thread is 10 minutes week. Sending a bi weekly
status note in probably another 5. Not a big deal at all. Please do it.

Rahul