Discussion about F7-KDE-LiveCD

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Tue Mar 6 22:55:48 UTC 2007

In todays KDE-SIG-Meeting [1] we had a start of discussion.

A short summary:
- create only one cd-version
- try to include only one application for one task (depends on kde*
package splitting)
- not include firefox and evolution due to space limitation (if
there would be enough space only include firefox)
- not use dolphin as default file-manager (it is not ready yet)

(Please correct me if I get a point wrong)

After that I have created a wiki page for the KDE-LiveCD:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraKDE/KDELiveCD

And I've also created a new set of rpms which only include the most
important packages (all of them are noticed in the wiki page).[2] So
there is space to add more. The creation of the livecd is described
in the wiki page. There's also a place to add suggestions for the
additional packages.

So far,
Sebastian

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/KDE?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=kde-sig-20070306.txt
[2] http://www.deadbabylon.de/fedora/livecd/

[signature.asc  application/pgp-signature (189 bytes)]