Re: Online Questionnaire on Gnome/KDE for my master thesis ...Online-Umfrage zu Gnome/KDE für meine Diplomarbeit

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Mar 22 18:05:47 UTC 2007

Martin Neuwirth escribió:
> Hello/Guten Tag!
>
> Read below the line with the many (---) signs for the german version of this
> mail.
>
> I am a student at the technical university of Vienna. I hope that you can
>  help me out by taking part in my online questionnaire, which deals with
>  usability aspects of the two biggest user interfaces Gnome and KDE for open
>  source desktops. I am doing this research as a part of my theses in computer
>  science. The questionnaire can be found at:
>
>         http://www.schilf.at/gnomeKde/index.php?lang=en
>
> Even if you are not familiar with those terms right now your contribution is
> still of great value to me. Thank you for participating.

I took your questionnaire, and even though it is very well structured
and all, one particular area is bit tricky: CD-burning. For GNOME,
there's GnomeBaker or Nautilus CD/DVD creator. Nautilus' burning
software works rather well, but GnomeBaker lacks some features (when
compared to K3B)... I guess that they're applications are different from
case to case (being Nautilus' burning utility more useful for backups,
and K3B/GnomeBaker for compositing of CD/DVD media for music, movie,
mixed-mode or data projects). Just my two cents. Please do share your
findings!!