fedora 6/7 - why do you ignore k3b by default?

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Wed May 16 10:48:32 UTC 2007

Am Wed, 16 May 2007 12:27:25 +0200
schrieb "Valent Turkovic" <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>:

> > I detailed in another message why users care. Well, maybe not the
> > users coming from Windows, where almost every application has its
> > own incompatible look and feel...
>
> Have you been to real world recently? I suggest you walk around and
> look at other peoples desktops - and count how much of them are in
> mixed mode - KDE desktop + gnome apps or Gnome desktiops + KDE apps.
>
> Then tell me who uses only Gnome desktop and not a single app that
> uses qt widget set or vice versa. I can bet you won't find any.

/me raises his hand

I have two machines and they are strictly divided into Gnome/Xfce and
KDE. That's because I really really hate the mixed file dialogs and
handlings when putting all of them together. (Don't get me wrong: the
gtk file dialog is ok, the kde file dialog is great but I don't want
both of them in one session). Only my kde machine has some gtk apps
(and of course system-config-*).

And yeah, I'm a member of kde-sig.  :)
And that's of course only my opinion as a user of both desktops.

Sebastian