shutdown compared ubuntu vs fedora

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed May 16 11:30:10 UTC 2007

I used Mint Linux (ubuntu derivative) and loved it's shutdown button.

This looks to me much more user friendly than one we have on Fedora.

First buttons for shutdown, restart, sleep and log-off have icons -
and fedora has only naked buttons.
The screen dims when you click on shutdown - really nice effect.

This looks to me as standard Ubuntu button and not something ubuntu
has made them selves so I was puzzled when I didn't see it in Fedora 7
test 3 or 4.

Can you also include this - a much better version of shutdown button
than one fedora currently uses.

It is much more usable, and user frendly - and it has logoff button
integrated in it and not separate (as it should also be on fedora
IMHO).

Please look at the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWuZvOAAE9c

Thank you.